Friday 23 November 2012

Creepy Cake

A few weeks ago our office went all out for Halloween this year. Everyone dressed up, we had cakes and creepy music. It was amazing.
OK, so not everyone dressed up.
Well, a few people dressed up.
Alright! Five people dressed up and it was pretty mediocre. But the thought was there! And to mark the occassion I embraced my inner Nigella and hit the kitchen.

My vision involved a beautiful bright orange cake with a ghoulish ghost and scary black spiders. I hit only two stumbling blocks in my efforts. Number one - enough food dye to make ready to roll regal icing turn that perfect shade of orange will also make it incredibly sticky and soft. Number two - I neglected to buy any black food dye, so had to make do with gallons of blue in the hopes it would be close enough. It wasn't.


The cake went down well at work and I think made up for my lacklustre costume. On an unrelated aside, it is very difficult to have serious meeting with your manager about resourcing when dressed as a skeleton.

Oh and by the way, those are spiders. Not crabs. Obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment