Tuesday 5 March 2013

I have been trying...

I had such good intentions on Sunday night. I'll admit I am something of a Buzzfeed fanatic, but a recent post called (temptingly) 31 Insanely Easy and Clever DIY Projects. I think it was the 'insanely' part that drew me. These are not just normal DIY projects, the are so easy it is actually crazy.

Somewhere in the distance, I heard a gauntlet being thrown down.

Loads of the ideas caught my eye, but it was the promise of ombre nails in a flash that really tempted me. I love nail art but have so far been restricted to crackle and glitter effects. The ability to paint accurately on a sloped surface smaller than a five pence piece is not a skill I have quoted on my CV for obvious reasons.

Picture credit - thenailasaurus.com
Look at it. Success in ten easy steps. It's INSANE how easy it is.

You will not be surprised to learn then, dear reader, that I ballsed it up. I had planned an amazing blog post about how you should definitely follow this amazing tutorial, but in actual fact I ended up looking as though I had pressed a washing up sponge onto a damp manicure (which, I had).

I'm not defeated yet. I will try again. Until then, let me know if you have more success.

No comments:

Post a Comment